People Helping People
Our People Helping People campaign continues with 20% of the net proceeds again going to one or two deserving individuals suffering from Parkinson’s Disease. The remaining 80% goes directly to the University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute for research toward to cure for Parkinson’s!
The Beneficiary of 2019 for our People Helping People campaign went to Tom and Kathy Brock.
Beneficiary of 2018 went to Tyson and Kristen Hellman.
You can also go to their GoFundMe page to learn more about Tyson: https://www.gofundme.com/tyson039s-fight-against-als?fbclid=IwAR1nruPWZsVCwe8en0YyJnnyjLZ0h1DoZWjhvmX9GrDgJlfJOHGLttljv98
The deserving group who was the beneficiary for our 2017 campaign went to the Carmel Manor nursing home in Fort. Thomas, Kentucky. Sister Diane received the award and was recognized at our event on July 13th, 2018. Our donation to Carmel Manor has already helped their program tremendously.
“Through the Big an Live program, we are able to send all of our therapists for training that is specifically geared towards Parkinson’s Disease. Our total therapy department is half way through the training program and will be nationally certified to deal with Parkinson’s patients. 14% of our residents that live here have Parkinson’s or is dealing with some sort of Parkinson’s. I believe we are the only nursing home in Northern Kentucky area that will be nationally certified for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease.”
This year the deserving individual, Ralph Alonzo Leach, was the beneficiary of our campaign. He was recognized at our event on July 14th, 2017 as a beneficiary of $5,000. This has helped him tremendously through hard times!
“I was all out of money, lost everything originally when I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. I was trying to feel sorry for myself. Candice Tolbert is a godsend to me, she took over my business and it really saved my life. That money that I got from all of you guys, it really saved my life at the time because I had given up, I had just really given up. I just really appreciate it”